IATA / UFTAA Foundation Level - I
Course: IATA / UFTAA Foundation Level - I
- Location of Study: City Campus
- Duration: 4-5 Months (Can do with other academic studies)
- Timings: Mon.-Fri. ( 2 hrs per Day )
- Admission Dates: April/May & October/November
- Eligibility: 10+2 Any Stream / Medium. Students should have a prerequisite knowledge in basic English.
- Selection: Direct Admission. NO ENTRANCE EXAM IS NEEDED FOR THIS COURSE
IATA / UFTAA
Asia Pacific Institute of Management (APIM) is recognized and Authorised as a Training Centre to offer IATA / UFTAA Programs. The inception of IATA / UFTAA Programs further strengthens the APIM’s commitment, dedication in the field of tourism and hospitality education. Since its inception in 1972, The IATA / UFTAA Programs have gained remarkable global recognition, credibility, and acceptance over the years, and an important program for students venturing into the travel industry.
IATA (International Air Transport Association) is the global trade association bringing together approximately 270 airlines, including the worlds largest. UFTAA, (Universal Federation of Travel Agent’s Associations) is the highest world body representing travel agents. IATA ATDI (Aviation Training and Development Institute) manages the IATA / UFTAA International Travel and Tourism Training Programme, as well as offering the most comprehensive portfolio of training and professional development courses in the related fields of airlines, airports, cargo and civil aviation. Air India, as the National Carrier of India, is the current IATA UFTAA Local Co-ordinator, providing programme support services nationally.
The IATA / UFTAA training programme offers, a dynamic, career-oriented, comprehensive, and officially recognized course of study for aspiring candidates focused on pursuing a career in the travel and tourism industry. IATA / UFTAA Training programs are globally received and valued as an International Qualification in the Travel Industry. The IATA / UFTAA International Program is a Four-Level Course conceptualized to equip candidates with the required skill and knowledge to meet the challenges of today’s travel industry. As per IATA’s resolution in accrediting Travel Agencies, a candidate having completed the IATA Foundation course is considered as qualified.
The IATA qualification widens career prospects of candidates into the domains of Airlines, Ticketing, Cargo, Travel Agencies, Tour Operators, Hotels, Cruise lines, Car Rentals, Etc.
- The Business Environment of the Travel Industry
- Geography in Travel Planning 1
- Travel Formalities
- Land Transport - Rail 1
- Land Transport - Car and Camper
- Water Transport - Ferry
- Tour Packages 1
- Air Transport Essentials
- Customer Services
- Technology in the Travel Industry 1
- Air Fares and Ticketing 1
- GDS Electronic Booking Tool
THE COURSE FEE IS INCLUSIVE of course material, exam fees (two attempts), shipping fees, Administrative fees, Library facility for students at H.O, Tuition fees and processing cost. But does not include re-appear Fees & extra certification Fees. You may enrol at any one of our Authorised Training Centres (ATCs).
- Fill Application Form
- Submit the Application form (duly filed in) within the specified date along with required documents to the admission office
- Admission procedure of individual candidates will be sent in detail at your correspondence address